Welcome to Oliver Paipoonge
Welcome to the Oliver Paipoonge Municipality, one of Northwestern Ontario's most diverse and memorable year-round country experiences. We're a great place to live and do business as well as a destination for families, artists, nature lovers, history buffs and anyone looking for a getaway. Renowned for our farmland, rivers and rolling hills, Oliver Paipoonge contains several communities within its boundaries including Kakabeka Falls, Murillo, Rosslyn, Slate River Valley and Stanley.
Find out why Oliver Paipoonge has more to offer!
Oliver Paipoonge Services COVID-19 Update – August 3, 2021
On July 16th Ontario including the Thunder Bay District of which Oliver Paipoonge is a part entered Step 3 of its new Reopening Plan. While the changes allow certain spaces to reopen, the basic restrictions like masking and physical distancing remain.
· Community Halls and the Nor West Arena are closed but preparations are being made to reopen these facilities taking into account the ongoing restrictions.
· The Library is offering curbside service.
· Outdoor facilities and the Cemetery are open.
· The Museums are closed for 2021 since the Duke Hunt Museum is being moved to the Founders Property and a car collection building is being constructed on the Founders Property. See you in 2022.
Despite COVID-19 we continue to be able to serve you. Please call us @ 807-935-2613 to find out how we can meet your needs. Besides using telephone, email and Zoom to conduct your business, you can come to the Office. Our front lobby has an enclosed vestibule, which allows you to interact with us without sharing the same airspace. A slot in vestibule side allows documents to be exchanged and payments to be made. Masks must be worn in the vestibule. Please do not come if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
Waste and Recycling:
Both landfills are operating normal summer hours.
Council will continue to hold virtual meetings. Meetings of Council can be viewed on YouTube using the video link on the website.
· The Ontario Ministry of Health reports on the status if cases in Ontario each morning at 10:30 a.m.: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
· The Health Unit’s website contain links to credible sources of information providers: www.TBDHU.COM/coronavirus
We ask all residents to follow the recommendations of the Thunder Bay District Health Unit, Ontario Ministry of Health and Health Canada.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.